View all submissions and VOTE HERE!
We are now judging the winners for the photo contest! If you would like to vote on your favorite photo for each category email email@example.com with your choice. 2 winners from each category will be chosen and pictures will be used for our 2016 fundraising calendar. Winners will receive a free calendar, which has an estimated value of somewhere between $5 – $300,000, so be sure to enter a photo for each category! One photo submission per category and open to any non-professional photographer. Categories are as follows:
• Small Town/Big Playground
• Black & White
• Winter Wonderland
If you have questions call 634-3006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
McCall Snow Removal-
It’s a Community Effort!
The City of McCall Public Works Team is small but mighty and works hard to provide you with safe passage, plowing more than 50 miles in our community. Here are a few important facts about snow removal and your responsibilities as citizens of McCall.
- In most cases the crew will begin plowing snow when the depth reaches around three inches and is accumulating.
- Snow gates may be used to minimize, but not eliminate, snow berms. The gates are most effective when there is eight inches or less of dry snow and cannot be used when snow is wet and/or heavy.
- The City proactively attempts to mitigate snow berms. Driveways, to include berms across driveway entrances, are the responsibility of the property owner.
- Businesses and residents have a responsibility to dispose of snow on their own property or arrange for removal. Blowing, pushing, ramping, shoving or otherwise depositing snow on any city street or public right of way is against the law.
- Streets will be sanded when conditions warrant and snow has stopped.
- Streets should be clear of cars during snow storms to allow plows to do their jobs. Parking on downtown streets is prohibited between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. during the winter, and on other city streets between 3 a.m. and noon.
Learn more about current weather and snow removal operations by calling 630-7669, viewing the Public Works Live Web Cam at www.mccall.id.us or following the City of McCall on Facebook www.facebook.com/cityofmccall. Call Public Works for more information at 634-5580.
On November 3rd, 2015, McCall residents voted to increase sales tax on purchases by 1% in an effort to generate revenue for the repair and rebuilding of roads in our community. The increase will not affect food groceries or motor vehicle sales but will apply to both visitors and locals.
In addition to the Tourism 3% L.O.T. currently in place on hotel and motel room occupancy, this local Option Tax extends and additional 3% tax on short term rentals.
Revenue created from this local option tax is estimated at more than $800,000 per year and is a substantial increase to improving McCall roadways. Maintaining our streets is an ongoing responsibility. The Streets Local Option Tax will be collected for the next ten years and put to use in our city beyond the year 2022.