On November 3, 2016, at 5:30 pm in Legion Hall, the Commerce Street Project will return to Council to follow up on the street sections presented on September 23rd. Information gathered in property owner meetings will be presented. This is a public meeting.
Commerce Street is the first street to be repaired as a part of the Local Option Tax Streets initiative with the goals outlined as the following:
- fix roadways impairments
- provide area for stormwater and snow storage
- improve facilities for pedestrians and bike users
- keep constructions costs within budget
- provide adequate truck and vehicular access to existing businesses
- design a road for future use
Project Timeline to date.
- Horrocks received contract March 24, 2016
- Survey of roadway completed by Secesh June 24, 2016
Council Briefing held July 15, 2016
- Public Survey administered July 25, 2016 Review Survey Here>
- Public Work Session held July 29, 2016
- Round One of Property Owner Meetings conducted July 29th – August 9th, 2016
- Geotechnical Report received September 12, 2016
- Public Work Session held September 23, 2016
- Round Two of Property Owner Meetings conducted October 10th and 11th, 2016
- Public Work Session November 3, 2016
These are the alternative street sections below. Presented to Council on September 23rd.
The Powerpoint Presentation can be reviewed commerce-street-reconstruction_council-work-session_23sept16 or click the images below to review the street sections.