City Council will have 4 seats available for election in 2017.
Open seats include:
- One, Two-year term
- Three, Four-year terms
Applications for submission will be accepted beginning, August 28th and ends, September 8th.
Candidates are required to certify on their Declaration of Candidacy that they are qualified to hold the office, meaning they are:
- At least 18 years of age,
- A U.S. citizen,
- The candidate’s primary residence must be within the city,
- The address of the candidate’s voter registration must match the residence address provided on the candidate’s declaration, and
- The candidate must have resided in the city for at least 30 days prior to submitting their declaration.
TIPS and TOOLS:
- The candidate’s name will appear on the ballot exactly as it is written on the Declaration of Candidacy. If the candidate wishes to have their nickname on the ballot, it should be in quotes between their first and last name (e.g. George “Skeeter” Johnson).
- The candidate can choose to either get a petition signed by at least 5 registered electors or pay a $40 filing fee.
- Candidates must choose to run for a two or four year seat as available and may not run for more than one.
- 2017 2 year term Candidate Filing Forms
- 2017 4 year term Candidate Filing Forms