Vote on the Local Option Tax paid by tourists for local improvements.
Here are some quick facts to help guide you in your decision.
- McCall voters will vote again May 15th 2018 to renew the 3% local option tax for a period
of 10 years.
- Voters have approved this tax by majority in both 2005 & 2011.
- The tax is paid by visitors staying in hotels, motels, & other accommodations.
- The money collected is distributed into the community for purposes benefiting our public.
- The tax helps to offset stress on McCall’s budget therefore helping to reduce the bur
den on property tax payers.
- Since in inception in 2005 $3,806,752 in L.O.T. Funding has been collected and put back into our community reinvesting in McCall Community Projects.
- The ordinance has some newly added categories such as:
- the a local housing program as explained in the Housing Strategy
- tourism mitigation funding for items that cannot be supported by the general fund
- As well as some minor changes to language in an effort to more closely adhere to Attorney General Requirements.
- The ordinance is available for review here> , at our website mccall.id.us or for pick up in City Hall.